Main Article Content
We present the details of 3 patients who were referred to our endometriosis centre for multidisciplinary care with deep infiltrating endometriosis. The pre-operative assessments, intra-operative gynaecological findings and treatment and post-operative urological follow up are discussed to illustrate the specific considerations required to optimise their urological management.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Copyright of articles published in all DPG titles is retained by the author(s). The author(s) grants DPG the rights to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher. The author grants DPG exclusive commercial rights to the article. The author grants any party the rights to use the article freely for non-commercial purposes provided that the original work is properly cited.
N Engl J Med. 2009 Jan 15;360(3):268-79.
2) ESHRE guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis.
Kennedy S, Bergqvist A, Chapron C, et al. ESHRE Special Interest Group for Endometriosis and Endometrium Guideline Development Group.
Hum Reprod. 2005 Oct;20(10):2698-704. Epub 2005 Jun 24.
3) Deep endometriosis: definition, pathogenesis, and clinical management.
Vercellini P, Frontino G, Pietropaolo G, Gattei U, Daguati R, Crosignani PG.
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2004 May;11(2):153-61. Review.
4) Deep endometriosis: a consequence of infiltration or retraction or possibly adenomyosisexterna?
Koninckx PR, Martin DC.
Fertil Steril. 1992 Nov;58(5):924-8.
5) Short-term outcome of fertility-sparing laparoscopic excision of deeply infiltrating pelvic endometriosis performed in a tertiary referral center.
Pandis GK, Saridogan E, Windsor AC, Gulumser C, Cohen CR, Cutner AS.
Fertil Steril. 2010 Jan;93(1):39-45.
6) Ureteral injury in gynecologic surgery: a 5-year review in a community hospital.
Park JH, Park JW, Song K, Jo MK.
Korean J Urol. 2012 Feb;53(2):120-5.
7) Laparoscopic management of ureteral endometriosis: A systematic review.
Cavaco-Gomes J, Martinho M, Gilabert-Aguilar J, Gilabert-Estélles J.
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2017 Mar;210:94-101.
8) Ureteral Endometriosis: Preoperative Risk Factors Predicting Extensive Urologic Surgical Intervention.
Gennaro KH, Gordetsky J, Rais-Bahrami S, Selph JP.
Urology. 2017 Feb;100:228-233.
9) Diagnosis and management of endometriosis: summary of NICE guidance.
Kuznetsov L, Dworzynski K, Davies M, Overton C; Guideline Committee.
BMJ. 2017 Sep 6;358:j3935.
10) Should a detailed ultrasound examination of the complete urinary tract be routinely performedin women with suspected pelvic endometriosis?
Pateman K, Holland TK, Knez J, Derdelis G, Cutner A, Saridogan E, Jurkovic D.
Hum Reprod. 2015 Dec;30(12):2802-7.
11) The rendezvous procedure to cross complicated ureteric strictures.
Watson JM, Dawkins GP, Whitfield HN, Philp T, Kellett MJ.
BJU Int. 2002 Feb;89(3):317-9.