Main Article Content
Para-urethral gland carcinoma is a rare urological malignancy that has a male predominance and has an age-adjusted incidence of 1.5–4.3/million. There are various histological subtypes of para-urethral carcinoma, with adenocarcinoma representing only 16.4% of these. Treatment is dependent on site, stage and patient factors. A multimodal approach is often adopted for the treatment of this malignancy. This includes radical surgery based on site of malignancy and there have been various case reports describing the role of adjuvant chemotherapy. However, there is still no agreed recommendation or available evidence for treatment of this infrequently encountered malignancy. The majority of patients present with symptoms of advanced disease and outcomes remain poor. We report a case of para-urethral gland adenocarcinoma presenting as recurrent bulbar urethral stricture and inguinal lymph node metastasis. This case report aims to highlight the rarity
of the disease and discuss treatment options for this uncommon urological malignancy.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Copyright of articles published in all DPG titles is retained by the author(s). The author(s) grants DPG the rights to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher. The author grants DPG exclusive commercial rights to the article. The author grants any party the rights to use the article freely for non-commercial purposes provided that the original work is properly cited.
2. Gheiler EL, Tefilli MV, Tiguert R et al. Management of primary urethral cancer. Urology 1998;52(3):487–93.
3. Dalbagni G, Zhang ZF, Lacombe L et al. Male urethral carcinoma: analysis of treatment outcome. Urology
4. Gupta R, Gupta S, Basu S et al. Primary adenocarcinoma
of the bulbomembranous urethra in a 33-year-old male patient. J Clin Diagnost Res 2017;11:7–8.
5. Stukalin I, Gao Y, Spaner S et al. Primary adenocar-cinoma of bulbomembranous urethra: An exceedingly rare carcinoma in a male patient. Urol Case Rep 2019;26:100941.
6. Venyo A. Clear Cell Adenocarcinoma of the Urethra: Review of the Literature. Int J Surg Oncol 2015;790235
7. GöĞUŞ C, Baltaci S, Orhan D et al. Clear cell adenocar-cinoma of the male urethra. Int J Urol 2003;10:348–9.